21 April 2010
University of Wolverhampton, UK
The Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution invites participants to a workshop devoted to a discussion of illicit and illegal commercial practices, from 1500 to the present.
Proposals are invited covering any form of dodgy dealing and any geographical location.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The trade in stolen goods
- Fraud, misrepresentation, unethical and sharp practices
- Commerce and the legal system
- Black markets and unlicensed dealing
- Kleptomania, retail theft and shoplifting
- Consumer and retailer protection organisations
Please e-mail proposals (including title and c. 200 words abstract) to the address below by 5 February 2010.
For further information and to submit proposals, please contact :
Workshop web-page: http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6086/illegcom.html
CHORD web-page: http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6086/chord.html